Back from the CAD dead story of the decade. Alibre announced their first release since wrangling the software back under private control from 3D systems, who was letting it sit and ferment after acquiring Geomagic, who had acquired Alibre and renamed the software Geomagic Design… got all that?
Good on Alibre. Interested to see where they take the product.
Alibre announces availability of Alibre Design 2018
Alibre, LLC today announced the first major release of its industry leading Alibre Design product since its return to being privately owned in mid 2017. Alibre Design is the world’s easiest to use professional grade 3D product design suite. Known for providing the right tools at the right price, it enables individuals and teams to go from idea to design to manufacturing without cumbersome workflows or costs.
New in this release are:
- A fully updated technology component stack
- On-premises licensing options for secure environments
- A viewer option for design inspection by stakeholders
- Better support for high resolution (4k) displays
- Import support for Solidworks® 2018 and Autodesk Inventor® 2018 parts and assemblies, and Parasolid v30
- Miter flanges in sheet metal design
- A new Home Window with recently used thumbnails and quick access to free training and community resources
“This major refresh of Alibre Design provides our customers access to a cutting-edge design platform. This is the first of several exciting releases we have planned for 2018 that will continue to accelerate the growth of our product and our customers’ productivity,” said Max Freeman, CEO of Alibre, LLC.